Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
1. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is truly effective self defense. BJJ is a martial arts system based on leverage and is designed so that a smaller, less athletic person can defeat a larger and stronger opponent. Furthermore, BJJ allows one to control an attacker without doing damage or to control the level of damage. That’s why it is a very practical form of self defense for kids and young adults. The ability to defeat an aggressor without hurting them badly is a great skill.
2. BJJ is one of the very best ways to get and stay in “fight fit” shape. Most people don’t stay with their exercise routines because they get bored. This will NEVER happen with BJJ! Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is working out with a purpose because you are always learning and refining your knowledge. Grappling is one of the most demanding forms of exercise so you burn calories and melt fat like butter. Everyone knows that fighters are the most fit people on the planet – just turn on the UFC and watch an MMA match. BJJ will develop your speed, endurance, flexibility, and strength in ways you never imagined – it really is the secret “fountain of youth”
3. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu at 303 Training Center is a team, a community and a family. One of the best aspects of training is the camaraderie that you get. Unlike regular gyms, learning martial arts at 303 TC is very rewarding because of the friendships you make. You sweat together, push each other and learn from each other and the results are very powerful.
4. BJJ is a lifetime sport. From age 4 to 84 everyone can enjoy and benefit from training BJJ. 303 Training Center is a safe, clean and family friendly atmosphere. Instructors assure that everyone takes care of each other on the mat so you can train hard and get in great shape without undue risk of injury. What other sport offers that?
5. BJJ makes you better at everything else you do. The confidence that you gain from training BJJ spills over into every other part of your life. For kids it means the ability to stand up to bullies, get better grades or perform at a higher level in other sports. For women it means knowing you can defend yourself, having more ability to be open in your relationships or succeeding in business. For men, BJJ makes you more athletic, look and feel better and helps you know that, when it really is necessary, you can protect your family or yourself.